Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June Two


...I just stroll into the PARK LANE
Liquor Store and ask for a bottle of Strega and
then I go back where I came from to 6th Avenue
and the tobacconist in the Ziegfeld Theatre and
casually ask for a carton of Gauloises and a carton
of Picayunes, and a NEW YORK POST with her face on it

and I am sweating a lot by now and thinking of
leaning on the john door in the 5 SPOT
while she whispered a song along the keyboard
to Mal Waldron and everyone and I stopped breathing


1. Kozo's Waltz - Art Blarkey - 6:49
2. Kidnapping - John Zorn - 2:14
3. Le Roi - Philly Joe Jones & Elvin Jones - 6:05
4. Girl Of My Dreams - Charles Mingus - 4:08
5. Yèkèrmo Sèw - Mulatu Astatke - 4:13
6. Pannonica - Thelonious Monk - 8:50
7. Picnic - Esbjörn Svensson Trio - 5:01
8. Donna Lee - Wynton Marsalis - 6:48
9. Dance With Death - Andrew Hill - 7:13
10. Lakbay Merienda - Susie Ibarra - 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment